Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE ORDER AND SALE OF GOODS AT THIS WEBSITE
All products have been assessed for safety by a consulting chemist and are fully compliant with The Cosmetic Products (Safety) Regulations.
Our email address for contact by customers purchasing goods on this website is:- email@example.com
Our address: Chalke Valley Skincare, 2 Harrys Cottages, Wool, Dorset, BH20 6HQ
When visiting this website and in purchasing any goods from this website you agree with us that the Terms and Conditions set out below apply. Please note that these Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Prices and offers are valid as advertised and may change from time to time. The GBP price of an item is inclusive of UK VAT.
ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER
All orders are subject to acceptance and availability. Orders placed by you are an offer to purchase and will be accepted by us subject to stock availability at the stated prices, and subject to your payment having been received by us in full. We require full payment for the goods before your order can be accepted. Once your payment has been received by us, we will send an email to your stated email address to confirm our acceptance of your order. Upon acceptance of your order, despatch will be arranged to your address. Until despatch has occurred, we reserve the right to cancel the order for any reason by notice to you to that effect whereupon we will make full reimbursement to you of the purchase price paid. In the event of cancellation we will contact you by email and will re-credit your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order being placed.
Completion of the contract between you and Chalke Valley Skincare will be perfected when we despatch the goods to you.
The sale contract is concluded in Broad Chalke, England, and the contract language is English.
We will be pleased to accept orders provided they are for the personal, non-commercial use by our customers. We will not accept orders which are intended for resale or distribution for commercial purposes. The resale of any products purchased on the Chalke Valley Skincare website without the express written agreement of Chalke Valley Skincare, is not permitted.
AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
All items are subject to availability. In the event that the item you wish to purchase is not available, we will email you immediately to inform you.
All orders will be sent by your selected delivery service. We charge a flat rate per order within the UK to cover the handling, postage and packing. First and Second Class postal options are available for you to choose.
We aim to dispatch your order within 1-2 working days however as our products are handmade in small batches, you agree that, whilst we will make every effort to ensure delivery is made as expected, delays can occur for a host of reasons. Therefore, we do not give any guarantee as to the precise date of delivery nor liable for any delay for whatever reason.
The goods which you order will be insured by us or by our agents while in transit and up to the point of delivery to your address.
We have chosen to use Square and Paypal as our payment processors, enabling us to receive payments in the following forms: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro or directly from the customers Paypal account balance. Both options use secure payment methods.
RETURNS /YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL
You are entitled to cancel the order for any reason whatsoever up to seven (7) working days (excluding week-end and public holidays) following receipt by you of the goods. You must notify us if you wish to cancel by email to our contact email address, by phone or by letter to our postal address.
If you cancel your order in accordance with such above rights on or after the goods have been received by you, you agree to return the goods to us at your own risk and cost.
You agree that the goods are not returned to us until safely received by us, the goods must be unused and must include all original packaging.
Pending return of the goods, you agree to take full care of the goods to avoid any damage occurring to the goods and that no damage does occur.
On cancellation as above we will refund you in full the purchase price but if the goods have been despatched, or the procedure commenced to dispatch them, not any delivery charge you may have paid.
You agree to give the goods a thorough check as soon as possible following receipt to ensure it is as ordered and, should the goods be faulty in any way, you agree to notify us by email to our contact email address or by phone on receipt.
If we agree that the goods may have been faulty on initial delivery to yourself, we ask that you return the goods to us, at our own cost. Following their receipt by us, and at our discretion we shall either arrange to reimburse you the purchase price paid or provide to you with replacement goods of the same or similar specification. No refund will be processed until the returned goods have been received back to our delivery address.
All goods returned as faulty will be checked and if found to have no fault will be returned to you, in which event you agree to pay to us any additional delivery costs incurred by us.
You agree that we have the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any transaction is current and has not yet been despatched, we shall notify you of such changes via email, or by announcement on this website. Should you not wish to accept the revised terms, you will have the right (additional to any other right of cancellation you may have within these Terms and Conditions), prior to despatch and subject to prompt notification to us by email (to our contact email address), to cancel the transaction and obtain reimbursement from us of any purchase price paid. Once a change has been notified, you agree that your continued use of this website and any purchases from us made there under, is subject to such Terms and Conditions as amended.
You agree that we are not liable to you for any losses or damage occasioned to you as a result of any amendment to the content of this website.
INFORMATION AND DATA PROVIDED AND UPLOADED BY YOU
You agree that any information or content provided by you on this website whether or not in connection with an order of any goods is truthful and accurate and the provision of such and your use of this website, does not amount to any breach of the law of any country with jurisdiction over your use of, and purchase of goods on, this website, or of the rights of any other individual or organisation, and that should any complaint be raised of defamation of any person or organisation or other breach of the rights of others or of a breach of any law or regulation, that you will fully indemnify us and keep us fully indemnified against all claims, rights, demands in law arising therefrom, or incurred by us as a result in any way of any breach of this clause. In particular, you agree that we have the right to remove any
content uploaded by you to this website for any reason whatsoever and without notice to yourself.
You agree not to upload to, or transmit through the Website any viruses, bots, trojans or other forms of malware or anything else that can disrupt the normal operating processes of this website or of any equipment operated in connection therewith and in particular not to upload any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene nature or otherwise in breach of any law of any country that has jurisdiction over the operation by you of this website.
All information relating to medical conditions and use of products is a guide only, medical advice should always be sought.
You agree that we accept no liability whatsoever for any misunderstanding on your part as a result of anything that you have read about us in any medium or on any website, whether or not linked to or from this website.
Whilst every reasonable effort is believed to have been made to ensure the accuracy of information on this website, you agree that errors can, notwithstanding, appear in the content. You agree that no liability whatsoever rests with us for any errors or incorrect statements.
Notwithstanding any decision by us to offer to you a refund, you also agree that there is no liability on us whatsoever for any damage or loss that may arise in any way as a result of any such error or incorrect statement.
We reserve the right to withdraw any goods from sale for whatever reason whether before or after receipt of an order from yourself.
If any section of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any other reason unenforceable or invalid, then such section shall be deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remainder of Terms and Conditions.
This website, any content contained herein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of the website are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any disputes will be dealt with under the sole jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
You agree that in the event of any dispute between us that you will, before issuing any proceedings in a court of law, agree to a form of online mediation conducted by an independent neutral provided by or, if on request they are not able to supply a mediator, by any accredited mediator, and that you will make every effort to participate in such online mediation in order to reach a satisfactory resolution of the dispute with ourselves allowing for
solutions that are proportionate and economic
GENERAL USE OF THIS WEBSITE
Use by you, in visiting and navigating around this website, establishes, and is strictly on the basis of, agreement in full by you, on your own behalf and on behalf of anyone you represent, to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Ownership of all rights, including copyright, relating to this website is vested with Chalke Valley Skincare. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them wholly or in part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without the permission of Chalke Valley Skincare. You may not modify, distribute or re-post something on this website for any purpose.
- You will not act in any way that amounts to a breach of any law and will fully indemnify and hold us harmless against all claims or demands or other consequences of any breach of this provision.
- You may use this website at your own risk and it is understood you are personally responsible for your use of this site and for your communication and activity related to this site. It is your responsibility to ensure you use the right equipment to use this website and to screen out anything which may damage it. There is no liability on us for loss or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from your visit to (including agreeing not to seek to hold us responsible, or accountable, for any action or lack of action by yourself as a result of information or advice appearing on), this website, or through access from this website, whether a website that is linked from this website, or any website that masquerades as our website or from data and information appearing through data sharing technologies, or from your use of less than the optimal encryption security, anti-virus or anti-spam protection or other similar procedures, including measures to protect your personal identity, in your browser or e-mail program, or otherwise the manner and procedures you adopt when browsing around the Web.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to provide you with a prompt and continuing service. We do not, however, warrant that the Website or the service it provides will continue uninterrupted or without delay or that it will remain unchanged.
- That we reserve the right at any time to suspend or cancel your use of, or access to, this website.
- That you recognise that we own all intellectual property rights in the content on this website, and that you will not, either by yourself directly or by assisting or permitting others so to do, do anything that breaches in any way such intellectual property rights of ourselves and, in particular, will not copy or reproduce any element of this website or its code or use it, or any part of it, to create any content, document, website, image or graphic. In addition you will not create or permit or assist others in creating, any hyperlink to any part of this website save to the home page nor take any action that directly or indirectly prevents, in whole or in part, access to, or reduces the enjoyment by yourself or others of, this website.
- That when seeking to purchase any goods or services on this website, that you will not do so save on the basis that our Terms and Conditions of Sale are accepted by you as regulating any such purchase you make.
- Our terms and conditions relating to your use of this website may be updated from time to time and we will update the version posted on the website without notice. Your use of our website after any amendment will be taken as acceptance by you of the Terms & Conditions in their amended state.
- You warrant that you are not in breach of any law or order of any court by using this service.
- In the event that any term is held to be invalid by a decision of a court of competent authority, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
- The laws of England and Wales shall be the only laws that apply to your use of this website and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for the resolution of any claim or dispute arising.
- All written notices to be given to us shall be sent by post to:- Chalke Valley Skincare, Harrys Cottages, Wool, Dorset, BH20 6HQ
On our website all trademarks, product names, company names and logos are the property Chalke Valley Skincare. No permission is given by Chalke Valley Skincare either directly or implied, in respect of the use of any of our property.
Should you have any queries, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. While every effort is made to ensure any enquiry you submit is dealt with promptly, we cannot guarantee your query will always be dealt with within the timescale you require. We cannot guarantee complete confidentiality and recommend you do not include sensitive information, or information which could be classed as a trade secret, via the internet.
When you use our website and/or purchase products or services from us you may provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, telephone numbers and email address (“personal information”). We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. You are entitled to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time by writing to us at the address in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this website. We may charge you a small fee for this. You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You consent to us transferring our personal information to any third party if that third party acquires substantially all of our assets.
You consent to us transferring your personal information to any countries outside the UK provided similar levels of data protection as in the UK shall apply to your personal information.
We (and our representatives) may use your personal information to process your order, deal with your queries and for the purposes of record keeping. You consent to such use.
You acknowledge that many parts of the service provided on the Website are provided by third-party service providers and not by us. You consent to us transferring your personal information to such third-party service providers for the purposes of processing your order, dealing with your queries and for the purposes of record keeping.
We may wish to contact you from time to time to tell you about our other goods and services and/or provide information to third parties so that they can contact you from time to time to tell you about their goods and services. We will stop sending out such emails if ever you reply to the original of one of these emails with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line, or by email to our privacy email.
We will only collect, store and process personal information from you in accordance with the law from time to time in force in England and Wales and then only for enabling us to provide the service available on this site, process orders for goods and services as well as to administer the site and collect statistical data.
Should you wish to purchase any goods from this website, we may share and/or pass on information to a financial institution for the purpose of credit/debit card authorisation or to a delivery company for the purpose of delivering any goods ordered from us.
Please note that, whilst it is most unlikely to happen, we may be required by a court of law, or by a person with legal authority to so request, to disclose personal information.
Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies adopted by other websites to whom we may link from this website.
If your personal information changes, you can write to us. If you wish us to cease handling, storing and processing your personal information at any stage, then subject to completing and fulfilling any pending transaction or request, we will act on such request within a reasonable period of time when sent to us to our privacy email or by surface mail to our geographical address as at the top of this Policy.
Our address: Chalke Valley Skincare, 2 Harrys Cottages, Wool, Dorset, BH20 6HQ
Our contact email address on privacy matters is: email@example.com
By using the Website, you are deemed to have full knowledge of these terms and conditions and to accept them. We advise you to read them carefully and keep a copy of them. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not use the Website.